Academic rules & regulations
See the Academic Calendar
The College’s academic rules and regulations, which include such topics as class selection, credits and intellectual honesty.
This employee handbook includes details on benefits, and policies such as sexual harassment, smoking, parking and sabbatical leave.
Includes the code of conduct, general college regulations, and policies on discipline, equity, and sexual harassment. These rules and regulations, which include equity and sexual harassment policies, have been made to protect everyone’s right to a civil, collegial and pleasurable life at King’s—and everyone’s opportunity to benefit from the opportunities the college offers.
Includes the Royal Charter (1802), an act to continue the board of governors of the University of King’s College (1998), role of the university (1993), articles of association (1923), memorandum of understanding (1995), agreement constituting the Atlantic School of Theology (1971), an act to incorporate Atlantic School of Theology (1974).
Includes regulations of the Foundation Year Program of the University of King’s College, the structure and organization of the Dalhousie/King’s Contemporary Studies Program, Early Modern Studies Program, History of Science and Technology Program, and the School of Journalism.
Includes regulations governing faculty-administration relationships, regulations concerning appointments, promotion and tenure, regulations governing tenure or promotion of a King’s professor in the joint faculty of arts and social sciences.
Includes by-laws, rules and regulations of the University of King’s College made by the board of governors.
Sexualized Violence Awareness, Prevention and Response
Research & Scholarship policies
- Research grants & conference travel
- Conflict of Interest policy
- Grant Investigator checklists and guidelines
- Integrity in research and scholarship
- Overhead funds policy
- Release of funds agreement
- Research accountability statement
- Research ethics policy
- Research equipment policy
- Spending authority for research funds
- Unexpected residual funds in research accounts policy
General operating policies
- Bank accounts policy
- Canadian Honorarium
- Cash floats policy
- Cash handling policy
- Cheque Requisition
- Computer policy: computer purchasing & management policy for all non-journalism programs.
- Fair dealing policy
- Legal and preferred name policy
- Non Resident Honorarium
- Petty cash policy
- Purchasing policy
- Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- Remote Work and Flex Hours policy
- Vacation Policy (Staff)
- Responsible Investing Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Storm Closure policy
- Student employment policy
- Video/Image/Data Recording and Surveillance Policy
Occupational Health & Safety
Providing a safe and healthy work environment for its faculty, staff, students, and visitors is important to King’s, that is why there are health and safety plans, procedures, and guidelines in place. More >>